Requirements For NYSC Orientation Camp
We have gathered a comprehensive list of essential things prospective corps member must take to camp
It’s barely four days to the commencement of the 2017 Batch B Stream 1 Orientation Course activities across the country.
Consequently, there are certain things one must do or have to be admitted to, or survive on camp.
We have gathered a comprehensive list of essential things prospective corps member must take to camp. Among the items are some life saving TIPS.
1. Authentic Student ID Card – (Original and photocopies)
2.Certificate /Statement of Result from your School (Original and 6 Photocopies) in addition if you are a Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or an Optometrist you will be expected to bring along original of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
3. NYSC Call-up letter (Original and 6 photocopies)
4. Recent Passport Photograph – WHITE BACKGROUND (24 copies)
5. Compulsory medical certificate from a government or military hospital showing health status.
Going to camp with the above listed documents and items will get you through your registration at the orientation camp, up to the point of collection of mattress and your NYSC KIT. The NYSC kit consists of: 2 round neck loosely fitted white T-shirts, 2 pair of white shorts, One NYSC crested vest, a pair of NYSC khaki (Jacket, Belt and trousers), a crested NYSC cap, a pair of Jungle boots, a pair of NYSC white tennis shoes.
1. ROUND-NECKED WHITE T-SHIRTS: This is an essential outfit worn everyday in camp throughout your 3 weeks .
2. WHITE SHORTS: NYSC would give 2 pairs of shorts you may need extra 4pairs so as not to be stranded because you wouldn’t be able to wash daily.
4. CEREALS/PROVISIONS: Essential for those who would not like camp food with cup, plate, water bottle(useful on parade ground or long hours lectures)
5. TOILETRIES: antiseptics, insecticides, towel, sanitary pads, this is essential to keep you from infections and skin reactions.
6. MOSQUITO NET: Take along with a rope to tie it to your bunk to avoid malaria.
9. TORCHLIGHT OR RECHARGEABLE LAMPS: In preparation for morning drills at 5am and at night after lights out.
10. PADLOCKS: please lock your boxes and bags to avoid regrets. People who lost things to theives due to carelessness
OTHERS: bed sheets, Pillow Cases,Pillow, Power bank, pain relief drugs, antibiotics etc