All the Times Falz Ruled the World With His Originality
Yesterday, Falz TheBadhGuy shared a new video dwelling on the economic crisis that is currently crippling the Nigerian state. As expected, the video was super funny and had fans reeling with laughter, but the rapper passed on the message – from the crash of the naira at the foreign market, the cost of foodstuff in the market, and more.
However, the rapper noted that one way to survive the recession would be to use our own original products.
“That’s the only solution to the economic [conditions] we are facing now,” he said, his accent drenched in thick Yoruba inflection.
The rapper, a trained lawyer, is the son of Human Rights activist and iconic lawyer Femi Falana (SAN). During the launch of his music video, Soldier, featuring Simi, his father mounted the stage in pride.
“I sent you to school to study law, and I thought you’ll be a fantastic lawyer. However, I have no regrets that you’re doing well for yourself,” the senior Falana said.
Falz rise to fame is easily attributed to his wittiness and ability to merge two forms of creative expression – rap and comedy. That and the seamless weaving of the hilariously persuasive Yoruba accent into his arts.
His skits are pure gold; his acting skill earned him the “Best Actor in a Comedy Movie/Series” award at the just-concluded 2016 Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards.
Now, to show just how the University of Reading graduate consistently keeps his large fan base entertained, see all the times his skits caused us to cry and laugh at the same time:
- When he reminded fans of his upcoming birthday
2. When he called out folks advertising on his page
3. When he shocked fans with his switch from Yoruba – accented English to regular English, after a promoter failed to pay up for a scheduled concert
4. This epic radio message over his favourite club’s match with Manchester United
5. This heartwarming message to fans after he got nominated for the BET award (which he eventually won). Watch him talk about the importance of originality – the point of our post on him!